The present is exciting and the future is crystal clear. Online product video is critical if you want to stay relevant and competitive. Every graph from the past 5 years and every projection for the next five show that online marketing video is the biggest and fastest growing marketing trend. Major retailers are throwing more money at it than all other marketing efforts combined because the public demands it and it works like nothing else.
5 years ago, the internet simply could not provide the streaming video we have today. Everyone wanted it, but the technology wasn’t there to provide it. Now, technology has caught up with demand and everyone wants video!
It’s been proven that people remember 20% of what they hear, and 30% of what they see…but 70% of what they both hear and see!
Forrester research says that 1 minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. I recent published my best-selling book, “Thousands per Minute.” It took me 4 months to write… and it is 35,000 words long. One minute of video has 51 times the impact of my entire book, including the contents page and both covers! If that doesn’t blow your mind, then check out these 11 stats from marketing reporting agencies in 2014:
1) 90% of consumers watch online video
2) Consumers who viewed a product video are 85% more likely to buy than those who did not.
3) By 2017, Internet video will be 69% of all global consumer internet traffic.
4) 57% of consumers say that product videos make them more confident in a purchase and less likely to return an item.
5) 93% of marketers used video for online marketing in 2014
6) Online media influences more than 50% of in-store sales. That number is expected to rise to 60% by 2017.
7) 84% of US Smartphone shoppers use their phones to assist them in their shopping while in physical stores. Within the next 18 months, 90% of all phones will be Smartphones.
8) 75% of users visit the marketer’s web page after viewing a video
9) 80% of your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20 % will actually read content in its entirety.
10) The chances of getting a page one listing on Google increase 53 times with video.
11) More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years
According to every report and industry expert, online video is skyrocketing and if you are part of that movement, then your product sales will look much like the picture attached to this blog!
Everyone without video will be standing in the dust, waving to the caboose of the success train as it disappears around the bend and wondering why all the sales seem to be leaving them and going to their competition!
The past is clear and the future is imminent. If you want to be on that train, then you must have video. A clear, high-impact video message that caters specifically to the internet consumer, and avoids the pitfalls of poor on-camera sales tactics. If you are wondering what that looks like, you can visit my website at www.PitchVideo.com/free-secrets to learn lots more.
If you do not have online video, look at your competition. If they have it, then they’ve already pulled ahead of you. It’s time to play catch-up fast! If they do not have video, now is your chance to pull ahead of them before they figure it out!
by Cory Bergeron
more at PitchVideo.com